Re: Question about C Programming.

Hi,

for x86 glibc provides support for backtrace..
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libc/Backtraces.html#Backtraces

Thanks,
Mukti

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Ravi Sankar <ravisankar.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how can I get the function name of the caller in c?.

I don't know how to get the function name, but you can get the return
address in the caller function using "__builtin_return_address()".
Google for it and you would get some idea. Inorder to get function
name from address, probably you will have to do some translation, just
like debuggers do.

Thanks -
Manish