Re: Question about C Programming.

Hi,

2009/3/5 Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar <chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx>:
> is this question relevant to this community?  you should try comp.lang.c.

Actually, it might be (as long as KernelNewbies isn't restricted to
the *Linux* kernel)...
I remember finding some lecture notes on OS design at CMU university,
that had a "project 0", where the task is to write a library that will
give you the address and parameters of callers on a function.

Naturally, this is useful if you are writing your own OS and want to
have backtrace functionality (like the trace on Linux after an OOPS).

The solution seems to involve using assembly to walk back on the stack
frames. I started looking at the lecture notes, out of interest (I'm
not a student there :) ).

Whether or not it's related to KernelNewbies, i'll leave to more
experienced members to decide. However, I don't think this question is
strictly speaking about the C *language*, more about computer
architecture. KernelNewbies M-L does seem to be at least partly
relevant.

Thanks,
Srdjan