Re: ISR for shared IRQ is called again and again

Hi!

On 22:05 Sat 21 Feb     , Denis Borisevich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 2009/2/21 Michael Blizek <michi1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On 18:22 Fri 20 Feb     , Denis Borisevich wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have a problem  with ISR for shared IRQ in my module. It's being
> >> called for 15-20 times per second and never stops. The other driver
> >> that shares this interrupt is ahci. What can cause this problem?
> >
> > This might be perfectly normal. Basically if an interrupt is shared, all ISR
> > which have registered for this interrupt are called (until one ISR claims it?)
> >

> Yes, it is normal that my ISR is called for the shared interrupt which was
> issued by another device on this shared line. But it seems that the ahci driver
> doesn't handle it too. And that is not normal. I think the problem is in the way
> I reject the interrupt in my ISR if it is not "mine" (I just return
> IRQ_NONE), because when I unload my
> module this "interrupt storm" stops (I think that ahci driver finally
> handles that
> interrupt).

This sounds interesting. However IRQ_NONE seems right:
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.28.6/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c#L3728

Is there any chance to see your code?

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com