Re: Sending signals to user space program from kernel space

Hi,
              You can write a netlink socket interface between your char driver and userspace program. User space program can be made to wait in "recvfrom" system call. Whenever even number comes in "i", a netlink messages can be send to user space program.

-- Paraneetharan C

2009/2/3 Sandeep K Sinha <sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Pei Lin <telent997@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> why not use copy_from_user and copy_to_user?

DIdn't understand what you meant, but the question is regarding a
signal not data?
Am I missing something ???