Re: Suggestion for Compaq Presario V6000 laptop

The problem would be that you must have re-installed the OS.
It happens because laptop vendors like compaq and sony etc, have
customized version of OS'es.
So, you will have to take you laptop to the vendor and get a new OS
installed from there.

HTH,

--
Regards,
Sandeep.

"To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner."