RE: Probelm simulating usb-ethernet controller in gadget/ether.c

Hi Mandeep,

I'm not sure if there's one available for the n810 tablet. I searched
the apt repos and
it didn't show up there...
<<<<<<

Could you just try USB snoopy on XP ? I've used it many times to get my out
of jail card. At least you would see what the descriptors seem to hold in
your CDC device.
I don't know about the latest rev on Snoopy, but one pain is that it doesn't
log/display
string descriptors.
Note that the usbser.sys is pretty rooted on XP, which you probably know. I
once spent 2 days trying to get handshaking to work under ACM - apparently
there's bugs galore in usbser.sys. But it would allow you to perhaps get
some more insight into the eth properties side of the CDC device.

And indeed, if the host issues SET_CONFIGURATION, then your enum must have
been OK. My next guess or object of scrutiny then would be whether the
parameters
of SET_CONFIGURATION are in place, and suitable for the Ethernet on the
device's side.

This is all conjecture, naturally. Sounds like you got a good grip on things
there anyway. Good luck !

Best Regards,
Kris