Re: Testing Boot Sequence

Hi,

Sorry to all for Ccing particular emailid's.

Boot sequence i have drawn is as follows::

1)  BIOS loades a small program which further loades boot program.

2)  boot---->loading kernel-------------->countdown can be interrupted(set of commands are available including loading a different kernel)------>boot command------->initializes CPU(including run time stack and virtual memory mapping)---|

       |                                                      |

M/c Dependent functions                                 M/C Independent functions
|---1)Mutexes                                             |
|                                                         |--1)Mounting Root File system
|---2)Virtual memory table                                |
|                                                         |--2)Initialize different DS
|---3)Configuring I/O Devices                             |

                        System processes are made runnable

                        User processes are brought into memory

Now to make sure that every thing is fine after boot up what all thing can i test?? One thing i mentioned in my previous mail is about dmesg o/p for any knd of warning or error during boot up. Apart from that what all i can test.

Thanks
Abhish