Re: Prefered distribution amongst kernel developers

Hi Shaffin,
    I am not able to understand your requirements. If you want to develop & test kernels, then I dont think you get the source code with any distribution. Be it redhat (fedora) or debian (ubuntu). In case you want to do that, you should install a distribution & then also compile & install the prefered kernel version from www.kernel.org.
   Now coming to GUI - all distributions support GUI interface.

The choice of distribution varies from person to person depending on his requirements. But from what I have experienced so far * read is that redhat (fedora) is good from development & debian (ubuntu) is good for GUI & isntallation on laptops/desktops.