Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:05:51 +0800To: vclinton@xxxxxxx; linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: How to configure mutil IP address on same NIC?

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Vaughn Clinton <vclinton@xxxxxxx> wrote:
would bonding be an option?
Could you explain it more detail?

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:46:02 +0800
From: shark.hh@xxxxxxxxx
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi:
    CC to linux-kernel group!

2009/1/4 shark huang <shark.hh@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi:
    I  know both ifconfig or ip addr add command can add mutil IP address on same NIC and Ip addr add is recommanded because interface alias is easy to cause confusion。
    May question is how configure the network related files, such as ifcfg-eth0 file to let mutil IPs can be attached on same NIC. I know one way is use the interface alias to configure the ifcfg-eth0:1 file. But it is same as to use ifconfig command to add another IP address on interface with alias. How to configure the network related file to add mutil IP address on same NIC which same as to use IP addr add command?

Br
Shark

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n' drop