Re: symbol table....

yes peter...you are right..Thanks for reply..i  already know this way..cause  kernel will search the module in 'uname -r'...but when we rename that it wont get a path..so that the USB port will not work....but i dont want to cheat kernel....i want to do technically...Thats why i asked peter....i want to know the  Kernel USB devolopment part....Can you help me...cause i am novice...

--- On Fri, 2/1/09, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: symbol table....
To: shariefbe@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 2 January, 2009, 9:25 AM

actually the purpose of me asking the question, is because i was think u have some complex requirements/scenario/background....but from your answer below.....there seems none.

and the answer is already as i have said...indirectly.....u just have to manually named and renamed the kernel module before modprobing it.   everything will come back again (from not able to access usb port to reenabling it).....all done manually...????