Re: Linux on Bochs

Yes. I did read your previous email. I heard that bochs is more mature then Qemu. I dont know though.
So just wanted to give a try to bochs and later on might like to use Qemu as well. But unfortunate that I am not even getting bochs right.
:( Its been almost three days and even my environment is not setup, :(

If you have Ubuntu, do not try to compile gcc 3.3. Instead, install the
gcc-3.4 package, which will give you this version of gcc without the
need to compile it.
But why doesnt the compilation work on Ubuntu?

Thanks!
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le Sat, 27 Dec 2008 02:23:47 -0500,
"sahlot arvind" <asahlot@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I was trying to do all that on FC9 but unfortunately my system
> crashed and I have installed Ubuntu now.
> I am new in dealing with things like setting up toolchain etc.
> I got gcc-4.3.2 installed when I installed Ubuntu. I am trying to
> build gcc-3.3.3 so that I can use that and build bochs.
> But I am getting compilation error even in build process of gcc-3.3.3.

If you have Ubuntu, do not try to compile gcc 3.3. Instead, install the
gcc-3.4 package, which will give you this version of gcc without the
need to compile it.

But again, why do you want to use Bochs and not Qemu ?

(It seems like you didn't read my previous email...)

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.