Re: Device Drivers

In case you need to do simple tweaking on the source code without the
need to replace your current kernel with an experimental one, I
recommend you to use User-mode-Linux (UML). This will enable you to
run the kernel as a process in the user-space without the need to
worry about making backups or using a separate sacrifice machine.

Here's a simple tutorial on how to do that by Val Henson
http://www.valhenson.org/uml_tips.html

Regards,
N.