Re: Backup on Shutdown

El Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 04:34:57PM +0530 rishi agrawal ha dit:

> I want to take backup of few folders in my PC everytime I shut down my Fedora 9
>
> How can I do that ??
>
> I do not want to write a shell script called foo.sh and add the
> commands of taking backup and shutdown to it and execute it every time
> i want to shutdown my PC
>
> I want to add commands to the scripts which the Fedora 9 runs whenever
> it has to shut down the PC

your question is off-topic on this list, the list is for kernel
related questions

anyway, man init(8) might be a starting point

> I also want to do it on a Windows Vista Machine using task scheduler

even more off-topic, do you really expect do get help for a Windows
issue on a Linux kernel mailing list?

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Engineer

    The book of nature is written in the language of mathematics
                         (Galileo Galilei)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-