Re: Resources on Hard disk interface (SATA, IDE etc.)

Read these:

http://lwn.net/Articles/24990/

http://lwn.net/Articles/25415/

http://lwn.net/Articles/25533/

http://lwn.net/Articles/31513/

http://lwn.net/Articles/60368/

For up to date API:

http://lwn.net/Articles/247072/

Documentation is in "Documentation/block" and Documentation/blockdev
subdirectory.

Source code wise:  the generic code in "block" subdirectory.    Device
specific drivers are in drivers/block, (unlike that of "char" devices,
all are under drivers/char.

have fun reading....

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM, J.H.Kim <frog1120@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I have no experience on the hard disk interface driver such as SATA, IDE or
> etc. and block device driver.
> I wish to know their mechanism in linux.
> It seems that there are many books on block device driver,
> but I have not seen the book on linux SATA or IDE interface.
>
> What book or document should I read to learn about that field?
> Especially I'd like to know the fundamentals of SATA and IDE
> and their implementation in linux.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> J.H.Kim