RE: Which routine does make dev file of usb char device ?

>> If it is udev, how does it determine the major and minor number of
the
>> device?

>From the "dev" file in the sys/class/... file for the device, or from
>the uevent itself.  newer versions of udev only use the uevent, and
>don't need sysfs.

Just a small question, which newer version of kernel don't need sysfs.
Is it 2.6.26 upwards or even less than that?

In case it does not need sysfs, so via make menuconfig can I completely
remove the support of sysfs from my kernel and also from busybox rootfs,

Will that be fine for udev.?

Regards
Vivek