Strange problems identifing HDs!

Hi!

After some badblocks problems on my sdb drive, I did a reboot.
My system has 2 SATA HDs (sda and sdb), but now the HDs are identified
as sda and sdc!
Log files show that something (kernel?) is trying to access a non
existant sdb and after several unsuccessful accesses (the disk does not
exist) it stops this "disk" and begin to access my second disk "calling"
it  scd!

Why is this?

Additional info:

Booting from a live CD or from a good partition on the "error" disk
(sdb) correctly identifies the disks as sda and sdb. So, I copied this
good partition to my good disk (sda) and booted from it. No way! Still
identifies the disks as sda and sdc!!!

Any help? Thanks.