Re: Regd. mailing list filters.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:43:42 +0530 <srinivas.ramana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is regarding the mailing list filters. I could not find any help
> on this.
> Recently i had a problem. I have sent a mail to I2C mailing list for
> help and no one replied.
>
> After 2 days i realised that my mail went with a disclaimer at the
> end. I am almost sure thats the reason no one replied.

Very probably, yes. Silly pseudo-legal disclaimers are being frowned
upon. Another way to make sure that your message won't be answered is
to use HTML mail like you did right now. For the linux-arm mailing
lists (which I happen to administrate), disclaimers and html are a sure
way to get your message rejected

> I am not sure if kernelnewbies has any filter for this. I am sorry if
> this mail also has disclaimer.

Kernelnewbies doesn't have a filter, AFAIK. And your mail doesn't
contain a disclaimer.

> I am sure there are so many ppl out there who has this problem. I
> request if anybody has a solution.

Use a webmail address like Gmail.

> I have contacted our exchange server admin and he told he cant change
> that for my address alone. I cant access any other mails here..! :-(
>
> I know its annoying to see the disclaimer in the mail which ppl
> usually send asking for help. I am sorry i couldnt see any way out.
> pls help.

Take it up with your manager and tell him you can't get your job done
because your exchange admin is too lazy to do his job.

> or i request the admin, if this is ok with mailing list becoz lot of
> ppl would be having the same problem. couldnt see any help in FAQ
> also.

The admin alone won't help you, the mailing list members also have to
cooperate. I for myself won't reply to mailing list messages with silly
pseudo-legal disclaimers.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw -- mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG key fingerprint: D6AC 7F15 A26E C5C4 62E0  4A58 FCF9 551C 9B48 B68D