Re: LDD3: tiny_serial and tiny_tty

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 06:38:43PM +0530, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar wrote:
> There are some issues with drivers in that book, infact my par_port driver
> couldn't run because there was no interrupt generation. I am not sure
> whether that is issue with driver or the h/w(which is  less likely).
>
> I once sent a mail to Greg to update the book somewhere online or something
> like that, but I guess the mail got lost in the huge chunk of mails he
> receive.

Well, any email telling me to "just update the book to the latest kernel
version" probably got dropped on the floor due to my laughing so hard :)

Updating the linux driver book is something that the LDD authors have
been talking about for a while now, it's just due to schedules and other
things, it is still in the planning phase.  The biggest thing we are
trying to work on solving is to keep it from going out of date so soon,
to find a way to keep it up to date with the rapid pace of kernel
development.

sorry,

greg k-h