Re: how fork returns value

thank you for the answer.   next question (out of curiosity, sorry if
it is overstretching the OP) is in architecture without any MMU, what
does syscall like fork() get translate into?

the fact that fork() does not exists on non-MMU is discussed
everywhere, but then how is it replaced?   For example, the following
seemed to imply fork() inside application should continue to compile
(but should not give error when run, right?):

http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2003-September/020871.html
http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2003-September/021010.html

is it just a passthrough?

And does   "Task-struct" even exists in non-MMU architecture?

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh