PCI BAR value can be changed ?

Hi all,

By reading the PCI BAR value from PCI config space, one gets BAR
region starting address for that PCI device.
If device is 32-bit capable, then max 6 BARs are possible, but for
64-bit PCI card, only 3 BAR regions are possible.

Generally, BIOS sets the address/value in these BARs which device
driver reads & access the device. I am referring linux OS.
So the BAR region address range OR starting address assignment is done by BIOS.
Can we change this address through device driver, by writing the PCI
BARs in PCI config space ?
There are apis to read/write to PCI config space.

Can i map a BAR region of a PCI device, above 4 GB (i.e. 64-bit addr)
instead of 32bit address(higher 32bits as 0) ?
If possible, how to do this ?

Writing/changing BAR register value through device driver, will
propagate till PCI root controller ?
Can setpci command be used for this ?

Any link or reference will be helpful.

Thanking in advance,