From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vamsi Krishna S
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:01 PM
To: Greg KH
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: basic otg support

>> I dont want to implmenent the HNP or SRP protocols but i would like
>> switch my driver mode to either Host or Peripheral based on cable
type.

>> if mini-A cable is connected i want to load host contoller driver and
if
>> mini b is connected i want to load a peripheral driver.
>>
>> is there any existing framework in linux for this scenario?
>>

> There is support for doing this, but with the driver built in, not a
> dynamic loading of the different modules depending on the cable.

I'm looking at the omap udc driver and isp1301 tarnsceiver driver on how

to implement this functionality.
But i have some questions:
are there any specific scenarios where we require the host and udc
driver always needs to be in the memory?
will it be more modular and easy to understand if transceiver driver
generates an event by which userspace can load the appropriate driver?
are there any protocol(otg) restrictions which makes it difficult to
implement the above approach?

-vk
PS:in future i want to extend my driver to support complete otg as well
and i want to pick the best approach.