Re: Kernel Complilation

rishi agrawal wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I recently complied linux kernel 2.6.26.5.

I had a Fedora installation.

While reading the documents related to kernel compilation I found
steps like mkinitrd , changing the menu.lst and update-grub.

Without even doing these steps the boot menu is having the entry of
the newly compiled kernel and it is working fine.

Can someone explain this.

After building the kernel and the modules you would have given the install command. The install command has a shell script which takes care of making initrd and updating the grub.

--

-_-
.

Regards,