Re: Inline Functions ...

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Balraj Dahiya <dahbal76@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Why we use Inline Functions in Linux Kernel? What is the importance of Inline functions and where we should use them?

ACK.

Is it mandotary to put "static" before inline which declaring the inline function?

Well, Its not mandatory to use a static keyword before an inline function or infact any of the functions, i should say. Its just that if you wish to restrict the scope of that function to a particular file where it is define, you mark it as static.
Google "static functions", to get more details on the same.

Can you please explain it to me?

Thanks,
Raj

HTH
--
Regards,
Sandeep.

"To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner."