Re: Reading inode..

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Rohit Sharma <imreckless@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to read ext2 inode.
>
> Its just like i have a inode no. say 1900..
> so from the block group we can read the group descriptor and from there we
> can identify the first block no. of the inode table.
> So we can read the required inode no.i.e. 1900 from this inode table.
> I found that there are 8176 inodes per block group using tune2fs utility,
> so if i am interested in reading 8177th inode then i have to move on
> to next block groups inode table.

If you have 8176 inodes per block group this means you have a block
size of 1024. Basically the number of inodes in a block group is
blocksize*8 (1 inode block bitmap). If you want to read 8177th inode,
go to second blockgroup and read the group descriptor, find the block
number of inode table and read the first entry from there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks -
Manish katiyar