reg board boot up

 Hi

 I am using Coldfire processor and through ltib kernel image is being
 generated.
 In my board, boot up process is :
 1) Bootstrap is executed which initializes the hardware and then the
 kernel image is downloaded on SDRAM.
 2) Kernel after doing initializations and starting the necessary
 services gives control to the application.

 The problem area is the drive strength. If I set the SDRAM signals
 drive strength as 16mA then the board speed slows down from the
 time /sbin/init is started by the kernel and it takes around 5-9
 minutes for the application to start. If i increase the drive strength
 of SDRAM signals to 24mA (the max value) the board boots up in 2
 minutes (thsi is the actual case).

 Actually what i could figure out was the bootstrap and the kernel
 initializations are single threaded application and once kernel start
 the /sbin/init, from there it becomes multi threaded. so could this be
 the reason?

 Can anyone suggest where the problem area is or if this is not the
 correct forum then where to go ?

 Thanks in advance!!
 Linux_newbie