Preventing a cached changed page from being written

Suppose the following situation:

1. Lock a cached page
2. Change it
3. Set it dirty
4. Unlock the page

From this point, it is assumed that the kernel may write the page.
How can I prevent the page from being written, even if some "sync"
function is called like, for example, filemap_write_and_wait?

I thought of not seting it dirty, but then what happens if the kernel is
short in memory? Does it preserve the page, and so keeping the changes I
did?
Can the uptodate or reserved flags play any role on this? How?
Keeping it locked does not work because if I need to call a sync
function for the other pages (filemap_write_and_wait) it hangs.

Thanks for any help