Re: be confused with Linux Device Model

check this:

https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/article/the-linux-driver-model-a-better-way-support-devices

In Windows, drivers programming have different models, eg, WDM, but it
is practically useless.   different version of windows can even afford
to change the device model from previous generation.

similarly, for linux, if u goto kernel source "drivers" subdirectory,
and look at all the drivers written there......there are many
different patterns, very difficult to extract out some generic models.
  neither are they haphazardly written.

the point is (personal opinions, please :-)):      many of us have
different ways of programming, and irregardless of the model, the same
program most likely will still compile, for backward compatibility.
and because of this, it is unlikely to be modified just to conform to
the new model.   sorry again, if i am wrong in my thinking.....

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh