Re: About sending signals from kernel space to user space

Raz wrote:
i would suggest you schedule a tasklet. doing staff like from ISR ,
from my opinion
is too risky and bug prone.
Did you mean work queue? Tasklets run in interrupt context too..

About sending signals from kernel space to user space

mayank rana
Mon, 01 Sep 2008 07:28:33 -0700

Hi All,

I am trying to send some information to User Space process from Kernel
Module/Driver. How can I do that in context of interrupt Service Routine?
I found that using kill_async, it is possible to send SIGIO signal and handling
that in User . Is there anyother way to achieve this ?