Re: "reserve_top_address" and the kernel virtual memory with KML.

Sorry.....may be u can teach me more....

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 1:13 PM, amit regmi <regmi.amit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Kernel Mode Linux running(KML). I can access kernel
> virtual addresses using User Programs. I wanted to get hold of upper Kernel
> memory (beyond 0xff800000 till 0xffffffff) and experiment a bit. To achieve
> the
> same I requested for a memory hole in "start_kernel" of /init/main.c as
> follows:

>     printk(linux_banner);
>     setup_arch(&command_line);
>
>     //ask for 8 MB topmost
>     reserve_top_address(8388608ul);

according to:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0806.2/2629.html

it seemed to indicate that the minimum size for reservation (for
purpose of hypervisor implementation) is 128M.   So could that be the
reason why 8MB is not possible?

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh