From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Asim
Sent: Mon 25-Aug-08 7:31 AM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Debugging a module

Hi,

I'm having problems debugging a driver (e1000). The driver is failing
at init stage but I'm not able to get the exact location of the
failure. I'm using gdb for live kernel debugging but not getting any
symbols within the driver (I can see gdb taking me into the
module.init call).

Any ideas how I can turn on the debugging for this particular module?
Are there any particular flags that I need to set in the
drivers/net/e1000/Makefile.

Regards,
Asim