Re: creation of JFFS2 file system

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 16:50 +0530, tomy wrote:
> Hi,
>        We are using the command *mkfs.jffs2 --eraseblock=0x20000 -n -o
> fs.img* to create a flash file system. But during Linux boot up an error
> like *Warning: unable to open an initial console.Kernel panic - not
> syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel *is coming.
> So the Kernel cannot recognize the filesystem image properly. So my
> doubt is  how can we create a file system image for NAND flash using
> mkfs.jffs2 (what would be command).
>

> With Regards
> Tomy Devasia
>
> --

Hi

> Warning: unable to open an initial console.Kernel panic - not
> syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel

In the above it is saying that initial console is missing so may be you
have to check the presence of /sbin/init in the initialramdisk image ..

In the linux boot message check out if you are getting the following
line. if you get it then your jffs2 filesystem is mounted properly.

	VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem)

so now the problem is with missing init file inside the mounted jffs2
filesystem to check it simply mount it and and check for the /sbin/init
file.

how to create jffs fs you can check here in the
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/RootFileSystemOnAJFFS2FileSystem

--
H. Mohamed Thalib