Re: Need some documentation on call_usermodehelper.

doc i cannot find, but within the source code there are many instances
of caller for that API:

./drivers/macintosh/therm_pm72.c:
        return call_usermodehelper(critical_overtemp_path,

./drivers/macintosh/windfarm_core.c:
        return call_usermodehelper(critical_overtemp_path,

./drivers/pnp/pnpbios/core.c:
        value = call_usermodehelper(argv [0], argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_EXEC);

./drivers/video/uvesafb.c:
        return call_usermodehelper(v86d_path, argv, envp, 1);

./drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_epp.c:
        return call_usermodehelper(eppconfig_path, argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_PROC);

./security/keys/request_key.c:
        ret = call_usermodehelper_keys(argv[0], argv, envp, keyring,

./fs/exec.c:
                if (call_usermodehelper_pipe(corename+1, helper_argv, NULL,

./fs/ocfs2/stackglue.c:
        ret = call_usermodehelper(argv[0], argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_PROC);

./kernel/cgroup.c:
                call_usermodehelper(argv[0], argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_EXEC);

./kernel/kmod.c:
        call_usermodehelper wait flag, and remove exec_usermodehelper.
        ret = call_usermodehelper(modprobe_path, argv, envp, 1);

./arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce_64.c:
                        call_usermodehelper(trigger, trigger_argv, NULL,

./arch/x86/mach-voyager/voyager_thread.c:
             call_usermodehelper(argv[0], argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_PROC)) != 0) {

./net/bridge/br_stp_if.c:
        r = call_usermodehelper(BR_STP_PROG, argv, envp, UMH_WAIT_PROC);
                r = call_usermodehelper(BR_STP_PROG, argv, envp, 1);

./lib/kobject_uevent.c:
                call_usermodehelper(argv[0], argv, env->envp, UMH_WAIT_EXEC);

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh