Re: request_firmware on-fly

On 06-08-08 21:19, Belisko Marek wrote:

A: Because it messes up the natural reading order
Q: Why do email users complain about top-posting?

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06-08-08 11:05, Belisko Marek wrote:

it is possible to call request_firmware in case that I would like
to load new FW to device on-fly? I have more FW beause device has low memory and program is splitted to several bin files.

I believe you first need to indicate why you'd consider it wouldn't
be. Ofcourse, you need to make very sure that everything that depends on the old firmware is done using the hardware when you load new firmware, but other than that I'm not aware of any limitations on when to request firmware (well, don't from an interrupt handler, but...).

maybee I don't correctly explain situation. Main processor consist from ARM core and 3 co-processors. To co-processors should be load FW
after boot sequence, but sometimes is necessary load FW when device
is running. So stop co-processors and load different FW. I would
like to ask if this is possible with firmware class API or if exist
some snippet in kernel alraedy.

Ah, I see. The firmware loader itself does not provide such support but other than that I'll bow out -- I don't know ARM.

Rene.