Re: Need help with the mmu notifiers patches.

Hi...

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Arn,
>
> so have u done anything so far?   Frankly, i don't understand what is
> the purpose of MMU notification patch - anyone can explain?
>
> For example, one particular explanation is given here:

> So my question is:   is the "shadow pagetable" referring to that of
> the KVM/XEN's shadow pagetable?   Linux kernel without virtualization
> does not have "shadow pagetable" right?

yes, shadow pagetable is "fake pgd/pmd/pte" created by hypervisor to
mimic the work of MMU on real hardware.

So, by using MMU notifier, the best I can conclude after quickly
reading Andrea's message..is to notice if certain memory region is
freed from shadow pagetables.

regards,

Mulyadi.