Read/Write sequence

Hi!

I am learning linkux kernel internals and facing the following problem:

1. I use __bread to read a fixed place block on a block drive.
2. I use submit_bio to read/write data on the same drive. The order the data is written may be arbitrary and, in general, it almost never occur at the same block address. 3. Then I need to (re)write the block from point 1. but forcing all data from point 2. being written first and all subsequent data written after it using submit_bio must occur after the block is on disk.

__bread BLOCK; several submit_bio; WRITE BLOCK (barrier here); several submit_bio

How do I do this, I mean WRITE BLOCK?

Thanks for any help.