Where does kernel store page tables?

Hi, all

I have two problems about paging in Linux

The first is, if we have physical memory of size 256M and allocate 16M to the kernel, are the page directory and page tables of the kernel all stored on the 16M kernel memory?

And another problem is, after we start virtual memory mechanism by changing cr0, how to access physical memory in the kernel? For example, i have a pointer pte_ptr with address 0x14000, which points to a page table entry, and  i want to clear the dirty bit in the entry, can i just dereference pte_ptr and change its value?

Many thanks and sorry for my poor English.