Re: Message Queue

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to know, when the message is queued, where exactly it is located?.. Is it in the kernel stack of a process, or in shared memory ?... Not sure exactly where it is stored?
yes, Kernel Gurus can help us to get more clarity. ;).

Regards,
-Jelari-

Vikram_Upparpalli wrote:
In one of the implementation of message queue I have seen message queues implemented something like this.

Task a ---> MQ A
Task b ---> MQ B

And so on ....

If any function needs to be part of or needs any service from task a... it posts a message on MQ-A, thus accessing the semaphore (license for atomicity). Once the service from the task to that function is over, the semaphore is released.
Now somebody else can access the message queue and get their job done. Now task a is one process which gives the service and some function which is getting the service is another process.

Conclusion:
You decide what has to be a task which is embedded set of very general utilities, which few other functions need. When there is application which needs this task to be part of it, you use the service of the task (something like this).

I may be wrong just inquire and tell me as well. I know there are people who can guide both of us if I am wrong. Their hitting always helps....

-Vikram