Re: getting panic during kmalloc

I have tried kmalloc with both GFP_KERNEL and GFP_ATOMIC.
and if i m using delay in the loop then it runs for more iterations.
Without delay it was running approx. 95K iterations but after the delay of 40 us,
it is running approx. 256K iterations... and giving the same panic after it.........

regards
Gagan

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi...

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:28 PM, gagan grover <grovershah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a requirement of creating 1M buffers of 24 bytes.
> So, my driver is calling kmalloc in loop but it is giving following panic
> after some iterations.
> System have 4 GB RAM and I was continuosly checking top, it had sufficient
> memory to allocate.

big chance, it fails to get physically contigous pages. How do you
call kmalloc and what flags do you use anyway?

regards,

Mulyadi.

--
"Find what you love, and love what you find".