Re: Bootloader problems

uboot support boot from tftp. Study the uboot command, you will know how to do it. Grub, I don't know. Is your machine is x86 platform? If so, I think you can use PXE, it downloaded vmlinux and kernel boot argument from dhcp server and tftp server

Peter Teoh 写道:

Q1: is it possible to use bootloader like grub or uboot to boot via tftp - where the vmlinuz + initrd are residing in the tftp server?

Q2: Use grub to traverse from one partition (which has its own /boot list of kernels - say for running in Fedora) to another partition (which has another list of kernels - say for running Ubuntu)? This is because I have two different distros with equally different kernel versions.. which i like to use. I tried the "chainloader +1" method...but it does not worked.