Re: Printing huge information on serial console causes panic ?

Hi Yogeshwar,

  You should provide the Kernel dump.

-- Mark

On Jun 20, 2008, at 7:58 AM, yogeshwar sonawane wrote:

Hello all,

I am writing a driver, in which i am using printk() at many places.
Now if I use this driver with serial console redirection enabled, then
this heavy printing causes kernel to panic. If the same driver is
loaded without serial console redirection enabled, the kernel does not
panic. All those messages comes on the terminal.
The machine is working. This is just my observation.

Now, how to understand this behaviour OR what is the reason behind this ?

I am using RHEL4-U4-x86_64 OS on 64-bit platform.
I can provide the panic messages which comes on the serial console.

TIA,
regards,
Yogeshwar