Re: create_proc_info_entry

Le Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:10:44 -0500,
"Greg Donald" <gdonald@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> create_proc_info_entry seems to have gone away and I'm having a hard
> time finding what to use instead.  I found create_proc_read_entry in
> proc_fs.h, and that actually puts my entry in /proc but I get no
> output from it like I did when I was using create_proc_info_entry
> previously.  I'm trying with 2.6.26-rc4.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction?

The new interface is proc_create_data(). However, adding new entries
to /proc is not considered a good thing anymore: tell us about what
your entry is, and we can tell you where to put it.

For debugging entries for example, you should use debugfs, which is
specifically designed for that and much easier to use.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons