Re: Patches applied to stock kernel

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:29:10 -0700, Pavan Kandepet wrote:

>       Is there anyway to know what patches have been applied to a stock
>       kernel? I have a Fedora 9 on an x86 machine and I want to
>       recompile the
> kernel, I'd
>       like to know what patches have been applied so that I can apply
> them before
>       recompiling.

I think what you are asking is "what patches does Fedora apply over it's
kernel on top of Linus' kernel?". The answer is to look in the source RPM
of the Fedora kernel. After the src.rpm is installed a quick inspection
of the .spec file will show you which patches are being applied and in
which order and the patches themselves will be the SOURCES directory.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel will give you good hints
as to which direction to go in.

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/