RE: Module loading and Unloading

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have kernel modules for USB Host, device and OTG.

These platform drivers ( usb bus driver (h/w drivers)).

As of now I am using EXPORT_SYMBOL to export a variable flag for doing Inter-Module-communication.

Problem: other modules which are using this variable fail while doing insmod if original module exporting this variable is Not loaded.

So I am looking a way in which I don’t have to worry if my original module is loaded or not.

For this I need to check for the export symbol via c code (module code, or ko file code).

Again I can check in System.map but I am on embedded board, so I don’t have System.map on my up and running linux image.

I hope things are clear now.

I will check kallsyms now.

Regards

Vivek