Re: Need assistance on ASLR + NX

Hi...

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Devendra Durgapal
<ddlinuxinfo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone point me to the worth link or doc. about ASLR+NX. I basically
> want to see the working of ASLR and NX bit
> on 2.4 kernel.

to the best I know, ASLR is only on 2.6. In 2.4, it is provided via
grsecurity patches.

> Is there any way by which ASLR and NX can be bypass. It would be great if
> you point me to some exploit POC for it.

Bypassed in what context? for example, NX can't help ret-to-libc,
since NX is usually used to make stack unexecutable.

About ASLR, usually you do sampling to predict the randomization
pattern.  In grsecurity however, randomization is some degree better.

Check phrack.org archieves for further reading materials.

regards,

Mulyadi.