Re: Do Kernel Threads have different address space?

Hi...

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM, sahlot arvind <asahlot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Do kernel threads have different address space like User processes have? I
> mean if I allocate some memory in kernel thread A then can kernel thread B
> see it or can some driver see it?

kernel thread lives in kernel space and just access kernel space (very
likely). And since kernel space is mapped accross all processes....I
can say...or may I say, I speculate...kernel thread A will see what B
has allocated. Bottom line is, since kernel thread is the kernel
itself, thus it can access every part of the kernel freely and in the
same address space.

regards,

Mulyadi.