Re: Cross compiling glibc for PowerPC

Hi again,

Thanks for the link, a lot of useful information there.

Actually what I'm trying to do is to "compile a compilator" for the PowerPC. I already have a cross toolchain with host x86 and target PowerPC.
Now I have to build one with build=x86, host=target=powerpc, is that right? I mean, the first part of the Canadian Cross is already done for me.

Another problem is that when I specify only the host or only the target I get an error while configuring:
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

I've tried crosstool but finaly I got the same error as above, but I don't know where to specify extra options to the configure process of crosstool.

One last thing - what is the common between --with-sysroot and chroot jail (if there is something common at all)

Again thank you in advance for reading through my newbie questions.

With best regards,
Konstantin Boyanov