Re: Improving ide latency and file system performance

Scott Lovenberg escreveu:
Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:
Hi All,
Are there any kernel parameters could improve system performance in area of IDE access and file system?

In our embedded system, We have disabled the read ahead for ide device (Compact Flash), mounted the CF device with "noatime, sync" option. At least disabling the read ahead has improved the RT tasks not to miss their scheduled slot (10 msec).
We have created ext3 file system on CF, are there any kernel parameters that improve the file system performance, I/O scheduler, etc...?
We do  not care if the data rate is slower for CF, just better performance.

Our Linux version is 2.6.11.

Many thanks in advance,
Bizhan
You'll want to use the "No-op" scheduler.  Also, you can add "nodiratime" to your mounting options.
Also your kernel is too old. I don't know if you can update it (because of the RT stuff). There are a lot of improvement in the IO-Scheduler area.

Best Regards

Alan Menegotto