Re: errors from booting from a custom built kernel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The strange thing I noticed is /etc/ssh directory contains many timezone info files, which are not present when I boot from installed RH 8, and all the correct sshd configurations are gone, when I run the custom built kernel; while sshd related config files are quite OK and intact while I run the installed RH 8.0. I suspected it to be file system mount problem, but I don't see any loggings for file system mount failure when I boot from the custom built kernel.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Dongxia

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Rajat Jain <Rajat.Jain@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

> help here? Is it possible that the config file of the installed RH8.0,
> which is /boot/config-2.4.18-14, includes too much or too little
> configuration that the custom built kernel is not fully working?

Yes the configuration may be inappropriate depending upon how much the
the running kernel and the RH8.0 differ. The new kernel may have added /
deleted / modifed configuraion options ... Although that seems unlikely
to be the cause of your userspace problems.

Thanks,

Rajat