Re: I want to learn Linux Kernel Development

I want to learn Linux Kernel Programming. I have books like Understanding the Linux Kernel, Linux Kernel Development and The Linux Kernel Module Programming, but I don't know how to start. Should I play with my existing Kernel or should I install another Linux using Virtualization?

IMO installing another linux using Virtualization would be better option. You can experiment the way you want without destroying your existing and working system.

These books are great but I am kinda confused. What is the best way to understand Kernel Programming Practically?

Yup. These are very good books. To make a start off I would suggest go for Linux Kernel Module programming. Once you get a grip of module programming and their working. Go ahead for LInux kernel development by Robert Love. Complete this book as a novel and then get into Understanding Linux Kernel.

All the best
- A