Re: Query on directly accessing physical memory from a kernel module

>> hmm, but shouldn't the kernel be able to access
>> physical memory directly (up to a some range anyway) ?

> Since there is a MMU that translates from virtual to physical and each
> address generated by CPU goes through this, hence you need to create
> page table entries.

ok yes, that makes sense.
Now suppose I want to access the second byte/word from each page frame (physical) in the system (or a random set of page frames), would I need to do something similar ?

On the same topic, how can a page frame (struct page) be resolved to its physical address ?

thanks
arn